Brochure Type: Preview USA Canada and Central America 2022
Your exhilarating encounter with western Canada will have you enjoying breakfast in floral splendour, riding on glaciers and meeting a retired Mountie on your journey into the heart of the Rockies. Relax onboard the Rocky Mountaineer for two days of all-daylight rail travel through Canada's West and the Canadian Rockies. Travel via cruise ship through the calm, protected waters of the Inside Passage, through glacier-carved fjords, snowcapped mountains and lush forests of Sitka spruce and the western hemlock.
- CITY TOUR of Vancouver, Victoria, Banff
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway and continue along Scenic Maligne Lake Drive, past disappearing Medicine Lake.
- VIEW Lake Louise, Stanley Park, Athabasca Glacier, Mount Robson, Jasper National Park, Banff National Park
- VISIT Maligne Canyon during a guided walk & enjoy a Maligne Lake cruise to Spirit Island.
- VISIT Butchart Gardens
- 8 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 561 703 0064 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15547392
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Arrive Vancouver: The soaring peaks of Canada's soul-stirring Rockies take centre stage on this epic alpine adventure that begins in Vancouver, one of the world's most livable cities. Spend the day discovering the city's scenic surrounds, then join your Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Welcome Reception this evening.|
|Day 2||Victoria||Vancouver - Strait of Georgia - Victoria (2 Nights): Embark on a morning sightseeing tour of Vancouver's historic neighbourhoods. Savour the smells of freshly steamed Siopao in Chinatown and admire the Victorian facades of Gastown as you make your way to the leafy sanctuary of Stanley Park to view First Nations totem poles. We continue by ferry to Vancouver island and Connect with Locals during a Be My Guest lunch visit to a family-owned working farm, where we'll enjoy fresh farm-to-table flavours. Later, we enjoy some sightseeing in Victoria.|
|Day 3||Victoria||Victoria Sightseeing: Embrace the Garden City status of Victoria as you greet the day with breakfast at Butchart Gardens, a 55-acre showcase of gorgeous floral gardens that have colourfully transformed a once unused quarry. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the walkable capital of British Columbia.|
|Day 4||Kamloops||Victoria - Kamloops: In Kamloops, the soul-stirring sounds of the Shuswap melodies welcome us, as we gain insights into First Nations' traditions and culture. Be entertained by a storytelling member of the First Nations followed by a delicious dinner.|
South Thompson Inn
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Kamloops - Mount Robson - Jasper National Park (2 Nights): This afternoon you'll stop at the Mount Robson Visitor Center where you can admire UNESCO-listed Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies in all its 12,972 feet (3,954 meters) of glory. Continue to the raw wilderness of Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we'll spend the next two nights.|
|Day 6||Jasper National Park||Jasper National Park Sightseeing: Join an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon this morning. Later, take to the aqua waters and cruise Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island. After the cruise enjoy a delicious lunch with wine at the lakeside Maligne Lake Chalet.|
|Day 7||Banff National Park||Jasper - Athabasca Glacier - Lake Louise - Banff National Park (2 Nights): The icy fingers of the Columbia Icefield beckon as we journey along the Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier. Cross its icy terrain on board a specially designed Ice Explorer and Continue on to Lake Louise, where there is time to soak in the majestic beauty of the lake and its turquoise, glacier-fed waters, fringed by high peaks, deep green forests and overlooked by Victoria Glacier. Continue on to the township of Banff, in the heart of UNESCO-listed Banff National Park. Settle in for an evening at leisure.|
Banff Park Lodge
|Day 8||Banff||Banff Sightseeing: Join a Local Specialist and learn about his experiences as a retired Mountie and the history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls. The rest of the day is free for you to pursue your own interests. Your Travel Director will be available to help plan the perfect day for you. Tonight, we join our newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner to toast the end of our unforgettable encounter with Canada's Rockies.|
Banff Park Lodge
|Day 9||Calgary||Banff - Depart Calgary: Descend from the glorious Canadian Rockies and transfer to Calgary International Airport or to the Westin Calgary if you are extending your stay.|
- Crossovers: All 2021 departure dates will operate as per the 2020 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class