Discover the gems of the Golden Triangle without spending a fortune on this 8-day affordable vacation in India. Your budget-friendly tour of India begins and ends in the iconic city of Delhi, with overnights in Agra and Jaipur as well. Called the Golden Triangle, these three cities are beloved destinations home to many fascinating and beautiful sites.In Delhi, see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate and the pink Presidential Palace. You'll travel through the colorful Chandni Chowk bazaar by rickshaw and visit the ancient steps of Agrasen Ki Baoli. The next day, visit Humayun's Tomb and Qutub Minar before departing Delhi for Agra. Here, you'll marvel at the splendid Taj Mahal at sunrise as the sun rays reflect changing colors of the spectacular marble monument to love. Visit the colossal red sandstone Agra Fort where Shajahan spend his final days in the pavilion amid the Mughal Palace and Room of Mirrors. Complete the triangle with two nights in the pink city of Jaipur-home to the legendary Amber Fort. Explore its alabaster Hall of Victory and incredible Chamber of Mirrors. Visit Jantar Mantar and the City Palace Museum to browse ancient art and artifacts. Next, you'll fly from Delhi to Kathmandu, Nepal, to begin your 3-night Monograms vacation package. Enjoy guided sightseeing in Nepal's iconic capital city, including a visit to the historic seat of royalty at Hanuman Dhoka. Visit the residence of the Living Goddess at Temple of Kumari, and travel to Bouddhanath-one of the world's largest stupas and the center of Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal. Marvel at the Hindu and Buddhist sites in Patan's Durbar Square. A moving and marvelous experience in the midst of the Himalayas!
Call 561 703 0064 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15083776
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Welcome to Delhi, a magnetic blend of old and new, and the capital of modern India. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Delhi||Your day starts with an orientation drive in Delhi to see the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, India Gate, and the Presidential Palace. Take a rickshaw ride through the alleys of Chandni Chowk, a captivating bazaar, and visit the ancient stepwell Agrasen Ki Baoli, which has 103 steps and a series of carved chambers and passages. Enjoy the afternoon at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 3||Agra||This morning, visit Humayun's Tomb and Qutub Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret, dating back to the 11th century. After lunch at a local restaurant, travel to Agra and settle in for the evening. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Agra||Start your day with a sunrise visit to the famous Taj Mahal. This remarkable monument, commissioned by Sjahjahan as a memorial to his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, took 22 years to build. This afternoon, visit Agra Fort, a colossal, red sandstone UNESCO World Heritage Site comprising the spectacular Mughal Palace with audience halls, the Room of Mirrors, and the pavilion where Shahjahan spent his last days. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Jaipur||Today, stop at Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour the sandstone palaces, elegant courtyards, and victory gate of this ghostly place built in 1569 and deserted by its people when water ran out. After lunch, travel to Jaipur, often referred to as the 'Pink City.' (B,L)|
|Day 6||Jaipur||Start with a visit to the legendary Amber Fort, known as the 'Sleeping Beauty of Rajasthan.' This fortress-palace has a somber exterior that hides a richly ornate interior of royal apartments, including an alabaster Hall of Victory and a superb Chamber of Mirrors. Next, visit Jantar Mantar and explore the City Palace Museum with its collection of paintings, carpets, weapons, and costumes; then enjoy time at the bustling markets of the old city. (B,L)|
|Day 7||JAIPUR-DELHI||Today, drive back to Delhi. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 8||Kathmandu||Fly to Kathmandu, Nepal's capital city. (B)|
|Day 9||Kathmandu||Your morning sightseeing tour starts with a visit to Hanuman Dhoka, the historic seat of royalty. Then, visit the Temple of Kumari, residence of the Living Goddess and said to be constructed from the wood of a single tree. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 10||Kathmandu||Today, travel to Bouddhanath, one of the largest stupas in the world and a focal point of Tibetan Buddhism in Nepal. Then, continue to Patan, formerly known as Lalitpur (City of Beauty). Here, stop in Durbar Square, the city's center of business and home to several Buddhist and Hindu sites. (B,L)|
|Day 11||Kathmandu||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
2022 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2021.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).