2020: Grand France with 1 Night in Marseille, 3 Nights in Venice & 3 Nights in Rome (Northbound) (WLP2) - Poetry II and Tapestry II
22 days Marseille to Rome
Begin your grand journey through France with an overnight in Marseille. You'll transfer to Port-Saint-Louis to board your Avalon Suite Ship for your scenic river cruise through France. You'll sail to beautiful Arles, Lyon and Avignon where you will enjoy guided city sightseeing tours. You'll continue to Dijon for a high-speed train ride to Paris-'The City of Lights,' from where your river cruise on the Seine begins. See the home of master artist Claude Monet, and stroll his magnificent gardens and charming residence at Giverny. Sail on the Seine to Caudebec, and take an excursion to Normandy. Here, you may select from two guided tours of Normandy's beaches and WWII monuments, or enjoy a day to discover the beautiful agricultural region of Norman-dy. You'll continue to Rouen, for a guided walking tour. Next, you'll sail to Conflans, for an excursion to Au-vers-Sur-Oise- the village where Vincent Van Gogh painted, lived, and died-or to Chateau de Malmaison, the legendary home of Napoleon Bonaparte. After returning to Paris, fly to Venice to enjoy your Monograms package of 3 nights each in Venice & Rome, including guided sightseeing and helpful onsite support from expert Local Hosts in both cities. Your French river cruise, Nor-mandy Beaches tour, and tour of Venice and Rome, will be hard to match for the beauty, culture, and new sights to recall for years to follow.
Call 561 703 0064 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14502653
- Cruise Line
- Avalon Waterways
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 22 Days
- Cruise Ship
- Poetry II
Click for more information on this ship.
|Day 2||Port St. Louis|
|Day 8||ST. JEAN DE LOSNE|
- US$ Price Details
Dates and Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Avalon Waterways, not included in the pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $395. Required intra-vacation air segments: Paris/Venice. Air prices were effective on February 6, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher. Port charges:$364Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included for Avalon portion only.Avalon offers the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement (subject to availability).Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.Extra nights per person in Marseille:in single room from $228 to $287, in twin room from $133 to $165All prices per person based on double occupancy. Prices shown include cruise in Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:Category / Decks / PriceD / Indigo Deck / $398B / Sapphire Deck / $2,298A / Sapphire Deck / $2,398P / Royal Deck / $2,598Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $4,398NOTES:
- Special Interest Cruises: Culinary March 24; Wine Appreciation October 6 & October 20; WWII Remembrance & History June 2
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land/cruise vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; intra-vacation air, unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.10 per segment, and U.S. and international arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas and vaccinations; tips to your Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
- Additional airline-imposed fees for seat assignments may apply and are not included in your total package cost. Please refer to carrier websites for seat assignment policies and applicable pricing.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Early Airfare Price Guarantee locks in a price that is guaranteed not to increase. Air pricing and schedules are available approximately 330 days prior to last travel date in the itinerary. At that time the best air price will be utilized and a new invoice with the air cost and confirmed schedule will be sent. The identity of the carrier, which may include the carrier?s codeshare partner, will be assigned and disclosed at this time. If the guaranteed price is the lowest, the schedule with the lowest fare per contracted classes of service will be booked. Any voluntary change to the confirmed flights negates the guaranteed price and is subject to air pricing at the time of the change.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices - air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit of $300 per person is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus a non-refundable per person service fee of $30 (North/Central America), $50 (Europe/Middle East) or $80 (all other international destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.